Make the most of the sunshine and delight your guests with the best in British summertime entertainment for your wedding day and evening party. Let the fun begin!
1. It’s fete. Turn your wedding into a traditional fete on the lawn, with lots of activities for all ages, and a slap-up tea on vintage china in the marquee instead of a formal sit-down meal.
2. Test your skills. Everyone loves those retro fete games and side stalls, such as a coconut shy, tin can bash, skittles, hoopla, giant table football and two childhood favourites made large, a giant Operation game and giant Scalextric!
3. Magic moments. Give your fete a contemporary twist with a roving street magician, ready to thrill anyone with card tricks and logic-defying illusions anytime, any place, no table required.
4. Juggling for joy. Fantastic feats of dexterity that seem to defy gravity, from traditional club jugglers to comedy jugglers who’ll play around with everything from eggs to bowling balls!
5. Drawing a crowd. Our skilled caricaturists can create hand-drawn, unique portraits of you or your guest in under five minutes, one-of-a-kind souvenirs of a very special day.
7. Something for the kids. Keep the little ones amused for hours with the help of professional children’s entertainers. Kids can twist and turn with balloon modellers, fall about laughing with a clown, get artistic with face painters, or give them a fully furry experience with a mobile petting zoo. Warning; adults always want to join in too!
8. Tasty treats. Enjoying yourself builds an appetite, so why not treat your guests to retro foods from a fun food company including cooling ice creams, sticky candy floss, popcorn, pucker powder or the ultimate treat, a flowing chocolate fountain.
9. Fantastic festivals. Forget high priced tickets for muddy fields and distant views of so-so bands, bring the festival to your wedding instead. Set up a stage or two, pop up a beer tent and start booking your acts…
10. Go Glastonbury! The famous festival mixes its music, so you can hear an up and coming bad one set, then opera the next! Do the same; mix rock and jazz, acoustic and electro, DJs and dance troupes, opera singers and solo sax. Remember, that gospel choir who performed at the ceremony and the function band you’ve booked for the evening would probably love to be part of your festival too!
12. Inside out. OK, we know the weather is even more unpredictable than the best man’s speech, so choose wedding entertainment that works just as well in your venue as outside on the lawns, such as micro-illusion magicians, caricaturists, small format jazz bands, wandering mariachi bands or a piano accordionist.
13. Welcome your bride and groom! It’s time for your grand entrance to your wedding breakfast as newly weds or newly hitched civil partners, so make it a moment to remember with a trumpet fanfare from a guard of honour, a Scottish piper, or an all-out attention grabbing drumming troupe.
15. Music to munch by. Create a lovely atmosphere during your meal with gentle background music from an expert and experienced pianist, guitarist, harpist, or even an a capella group, depending on the size of your room.
14. Mealtime entertainment. There are plenty of moments in a wedding meal where you can surprise your guests with unexpected entertainment. Roving magicians can work the tables to bridge the gap between taking your seats and the starter being served, for example.
16. Waiter, there’s a song in my soup. Singing waiters have been around for years but they never fail to amuse, delight and entertain, as your waiters suddenly develop a passion for performance along with magnificent voices!
17. Excellent evenings. Your guests are arriving for the evening, ready to celebrate your special day and have a really great time. So, give them an evening they’ll be talking about for years!
18. Drink, madam? Wow them from the first moment they arrive with living tables, as costumed artists meet and greet your guests from the centre of a table and hand them the first drink of the evening! Surprising and practical too!
19. Place your bets. Will Lady Luck smile on your guests when they play in your very own Vegas style casino, complete with slots and showgirls? The money may be fake, but the enjoyment is 100% pure gold.
20. Shaken, not stirred. Our cocktail mixology master bartenders will conjure up incredible cocktails for your guests. Expect flying bottles, swirling shakers, exotic ingredients and a taste sensation in every glass.
21. Say cheese! Photo booths bring out the teenager in everyone, so get in there and banish those passport photo horrors to history!
22. Smile and wave. A pair of paparazzi are desperate to take your guests’ photos, and get the latest scoop. Give your guests a taste of celebrity fame when the pics get posted online to a private micro-site, to view and buy if they wish.
24. Comedy tonight. Turn your venue into a comedy club with classic stand-up by tomorrow’s stars, or today’s big names. If you’ve got the budget, we’ve got the best, from Johnny Vegas to Bill Bailey, Nina Conti to Rhona Cameron!
25. Go out with a bang. It’s been an amazing day, so why not finish it with a stunning fireworks display, custom-made to your venue and requirements, and with your choice of sound track or even live music. All together now – oooh – ahhh!
26. And there’s more… OK, we said 25 ideas, but if you’re still not sure what to book, just pick up the phone and talk to one of the Alive Network team. We provide entertainment for thousands of weddings a year, so we know what’s hot – and what’s so cool it’s going to be next year’s big thing!